I am so excited, this will be my very first tag. I should probably warn everyone that this list may contain more information than you could ever care to know about me.....
1. Link to the person that tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Share 6 non-important things/ habits /quirks about yourself
4. Tag at least 3 people at the end of your post and link to their blog
5. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
6. Let the fun begin
1. I'll get the worst one out of the way first. Warning: this story is extremely embarassing, and I really debated making this public. But then I thought, who am I kidding, this is my parent's favorite story and I'm sure many of you have already heard it anyway, so here goes: I took my first health class and was learning human anatomy. We were given diagrams of the male and female bodies. I memorized every aspect of the diagram, and had it down pat for the exam. One night, I came home and collapsed on my parent's living room floor. I was not feeling well at all, and my parents kept asking me what was wrong. I didn't know what it was, so I guess I decided to make up my own diagnosis. I started yelling "I have testicular pain...! I have testicular pain.....!"
I had memorized the diagrams, but they were not labeled "male" or "female".......(not that that is any sort of excuse) needless to say, I had gotten a little confused. My parents, who know me all too well..... were rolling on the floor laughing. There were also a group of friends over that night for dinner, and they were all staring at me in horror, wondering why none of my family members were concerned about the fact that I was having testicular pain.
2. This is supposed to be a list of useless facts about myself, so here's a good one. I have two protruding screws in my back. That's right, actual screws. I broke my back in gymnastics, and had to get surgery. If any of you would like to see them, just let me know. I don't mind showing them off. They are always pretty impressive to guys, for whatever reason, having hardware in my back is apparently a pretty cool thing. My dad just loves to show off my x-rays. A friend of mine from college came up with a good nickname that has stuck with my family pretty well over the years......"Frankenspine." I'm also open to any other creative suggestions.
3. I absolutely love aerobics. Any kind of aerobics: kickboxing, core classes, strength training.....you name it. But I especially love Step aerobics.....I know, I know, many of you are probably thinking....are people still teaching step classes? I've even heard, "that's the type of aerobics my grandma did when she was my age." Well, I've got news for you, it's back! I teach 3 classes a week at Lifetime Fitness. I love it, it is a really fun side job to have. In fact, I hardly consider it a job. I get paid to work out, it doesn't get any better than that! If any of you would like to come to my class, let me know and I'll get you a pass!
4. For those of you who don't know already know this, I am extremely clumsy. I trip and fall daily. One of my latest experiences was at an OSU basketball game. Jason and I were walking out of the game, and we were trying to move quickly to avoid traffic. Jason walks way faster than I do, so he started to pull ahead. As soon as he let go of my hand, my foot slipped and next thing I know, I'm flat on my back. I had the wind knocked out of me, so I was down for longer than usual. When Jason realized I was no longer following him, he glanced down at the floor.......I get the feeling he gets a little embarrassed of my inability to walk like a normal human being. (plus it doesn't help that I'm always in heels!) On a side note, just to drive my point home, this morning at work I stapled my finger. It really is a daily occurence.
5. Another wonderful memory growing up was Thanksgiving. Not because of all the normal reasons to love Thanksgiving.... no.....at the Britt family household, we held annual eating contests during Thanksgiving. Believe it or not, I was always the top contender. I won the eating contest 2 years in a row....though some of my friends and family debate the validity of my second win, saying that because I ended up throwing up later, somehow that meant I didn't actually win the contest. Whatever. Our bishop at the time was at our house for thanksgiving dinner the second year. He took a picture of me barfing, and threatened to hang it up in the foyer with an advertisement for eating disorder counseling. If anyone reading this has a copy of that picture let me know, maybe I will post that later.
6. Jason likes to play a game with me at home. I tend to sing, or hum songs at home while I'm getting ready, or just tidying up the house. I also get songs stuck in my head really easily. So, Jason will pass by me and sing the chorus to a really obnoxious song over and over again, and then see how long it takes me to catch on and start singing that same song. I do it subconsciously. I didn't even realize what he was doing for a while, until he finally came out and told me that he times me to see how long it takes him to get a song stuck in my head. These are the cruel games my husband likes to play on me.
I am tagging Molly Heaton, Ashley Mason, Taralee Cooper and Crystal Britt. (yes Crystal and Taralee, I realize you guys don't have blogs yet....but now that you have been tagged, you're just going to have to make one!)
8 comments:
I love these things. I would not have pegged you as the clumsy type. You're a step instructor for crying out loud. That takes a lot of coordination!
Oh how naive Kim is for not knowing about your clumsiness. I was sure this was a well known fact. I loved hearing your stories. You are so cute and funny. Take care. Talk to you later.
That list brings back soo many memories! I am suddenly remembering back to high school when we would be in line for school lunch and instead of asking for the biggest piece of pizza, you would ask for the greasiest piece...
Oh, and by the way I LOVE step aerobics! It is my favorite type of exercise. I have a step and do it along with a video.
I'll get to your tag as soon as I can think of 6 things...
okay frank, just remember for future reference:
men: nuts
women: no nuts
That was so fun. I totally want to see your screws.
I loved this post. Do you mind me asking how old you were, when you had "testicular pain"? Also, I want you to know, that I got so clumsy with each pregnancy...hopefully you will be the opposite and be cured from your clumsiness, when you decide to have kids!
ha ha...well sarah, i will have you know that i am actually in the process of making a blog right now.
It's harder than it looks you know! So i came to yours for inspiration and found that you've tagged me to try and force me to make one...ha ha. great timing.
I loved reading those stories about you. You are such a fun person. I am so impressed that you won the eating contest. I would love to come to an aerobics class.
Post a Comment