Thursday, August 26, 2010

Are We Still Newlyweds?

When does the title "newlywed" expire? After you're married 2 years? 3 years, 4? Jason and I have been haunted by this title for too long...(Brian and Tiffany) Even when we first moved into our ward here in Arizona, we met with the bishop and one of the first things he says is, "You guys look like newlyweds....am I right?" We are past our 4 year mark, so can we be done already?

If this story doesn't qualify us as "non-newlyweds," I don't know what does.

Picture this. Jason and I are sitting in our room just chatting about our day, when all of a sudden Jason says, "We forgot something this week." My mind immediately scrambled...did I forget his birthday? No, that's September......did I forget an appointment? a holiday? Jason says, "well, I guess at least you didn't remember either..."

Yep, you guessed it. We both forgot our anniversary.

But hey, the good news is, we saved ourselves a lot of time, money.....and worry. Maybe we should forget our anniversary every year.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh! That is hilarious! You guys will ALWAYS be newlyweds! It is so dang cute though!

Tiffany said...

But it also makes me want to PUKE!!

Deanna said...

That is so funny! Happy 4th anyway!

The Gardner's said...

That's hilarious! I can honestly say we have never done that!

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

Yep I think that makes it pretty official. You can lose the title.
Congrat you old married hags. Well that's not a very good title. On second thought you may want to keep the newly wed title.