







Can you believe Lynlee is 2? Well, I can't. But can I just say, she just gets cuter and cuter everyday. And believe it or not, she is still just a little sweetheart. She has the sweetest disposition, and brings such happiness into our lives.
Let me tell you a quick story. Once upon a time I thought I wanted to be a career woman. I thought for sure I would never be a stay at home mom. It just seemed so mundane and boring....laundry, dishes, vacuuming, making dinner.....blah. I could never picture myself at home, crafting and decorating and changing poopy diapers. I couldn't see the joy and happiness that comes from being a mother and homemaker.
Well, after Jason was done with 2 years of dental school, I applied for my Master's degree in Biology at the Ohio State University. It was the perfect program. I would be done just as Jason was finishing dental school. I anxiously awaited my response to my application. One day, I got a package in the mail. I came home and waited to open it with Jason. I had gotten in! I also took a pregnancy test that day...... And I was pregnant. Yep, I found out I got in to the master's program and that I was pregnant with Lynlee both on the same day.
That was that, I knew that first and foremost comes family and although I didn't understand why it had to happen that way at the time, I knew I wanted to be best mother I could be, so I decided not to go back to school. I had a really hard time while I was pregnant, worrying if it was the right decision. If I would regret it later. If I would be happy staying at home. Little did I know, that would be the best decision I could've ever made.
I feel so blessed to be able to stay at home with Lynlee and be here for her in every stage of life. I could not be happier. I could not possibly feel more pure joy and fulfilment than I do as a mother. It brings more joy and happiness than I could have ever imagined. I have never looked back on that decision in my life and wondered if it was the right one. As soon as I held Lynlee in my arms for the first time, all doubts were gone and I have never looked back.
She is the sweetest little girl I could ever ask for.
On another not so mushy note, did I mention she's been wearing underwear for the last week? Well, she is. And so far so good.
I know all of you out there are reading this, and wishing that my next child is a little hellian. I can just sense these things........


1 comment:
You are such a great mommy.
Happy B-day cute, little Lynlee! We miss you!
Post a Comment