Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Man, the Myth, the Legend



Yes, this is in fact how Aaron Olson refers to my dad. He is a Paleontologist, or as some may say, a Dinosaur Hunter. Aaron has mentioned multiple times that his ideal life would be walking through the deserts with a metal detector in search of Dinosaur bones.

We took "The Man, the Myth, the Legend" to a football game while he was here.

Here is how our conversation went:

Me: Hey Dad, do you have any idea what the score is?
Dad: huh? Oh! Sorry, I was just checking out the architecture on this stadium....pretty cool stuff, huh?
Me: Sure Dad, sure.....


Me: Dad, you doin' alright over there?
Dad: huh? Oh yeah, fine. Just a little bored...this football stuff can really drag out for a long time, can't it?
Me: Dad, it's only been 30 minutes....

To be fair, the game was a little boring, but you get the point. Let's just say, he's not much of a Sportscenter addict.

Here is a link to his most recent endeavor. He titled this article "Adam's Footprints" just to get the creationists all worked up.

(http://www.geology.byu.edu/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6&Itemid=1")

4 comments:

Kris said...

You should'a bought him some nachos that would have entertained him for 20-30 min.?

Jason and Sarah Nelson said...

haha, good idea, why didn't I think of that? But then again, knowing him he would then spend the next hour talking about how much the nachos cost...and what a rip off they are. Love ya dad

Taralee said...

the link didn't work for me

Jennilyn and Chad said...

Sarah I LOVE this post! I just love your dad and that he is still the same man I remember from forever ago!! So funny. It's so great you have been able to see so much of your family while being away at school! Lynlee is getting so big. I seriously think she looks just like you! She is beautiful. Hopefully one day she can have some pink and purple Dora crocs! Just something to look forward too, huh!