
So, my latest addiction is reading. I go through phases where I really get into reading, and then other times when I just don't feel like it. Lately its been nice to just cozy up on the couch while its raining outside and Lynlee is asleep, and just read. I have a bad habit of reading 2 or 3 books at a time, I just sit down with the stack and if I get bored with one, I switch it up and go to the next..... But I've just finished a few of the books, and I need to start some new ones. Anybody have any books they've read recently and really enjoyed?
7 comments:
oooh, i had a little phase like that last year when lincoln used to actually take naps (i miss those days!). I was trying to read/look at lots of books about home organization and decor.
Oh, and I read a whole bunch of financial books: The 5 Lessons a MIllionaire Taught Me by Richard Paul Evans; Smart Couples Finish Rich by David Bach; Your Complete Guide to Money Happiness by Henry S. Brock.
Also I watched the Twilight movie recently and I actually liked it so much that it kind-of made me what to read the books.
Are you looking for any kind-of book, or novels, or...?
Another good read is The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis.
give me a genre and I can recommend more.
A Thousand Splendid Suns. I loved it a couldn't put it down. Also the Kite Runner by the same author is an excellent book! Let me know if you get any other good suggestions because I'd like a good book to read too since apparently "springtime" in Canada still means snow.
I just finished reading A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (author- Betty Smith)and really enjoyed it. One of the next on my list is The Book Thief (Marcus Zusak). I also love A Thousand Splendid Suns.
It is so fun to see pictures of Lynlee! How goes motherhood? Are you getting much sleep?
I've a few suggestion's-
The Inferno by Dante (part of The Divine Comedies)
The Tipping Point
The Stainless Steel Rat is Born
These are all totally different genres, so maybe one would work...
if you haven't read them yet.. i love angles and demons and the DaVinci Code.. Twilight of course. I've heard that Jemima J: A Novel About Ugly Ducklings and Swans by Jane Green is good... i've mostly been reading informational photography books lately, if you're interested i've got some great suggestions!! your baby is so adorable by the way!!!
Definitely The Book Thief - one of my all time favorite books. Another - Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand).
Okay you obviously need my help here. I've really enjoyed the Leven Thumps series. Four of the five books are done now, so it's a good time to start as you could finish them about the time the last one comes out. Also just read Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz, it was dark, but very entertaining. Can't wrong with any Robin Cook, Clive Cussler, or Louis L'amour books either. And, of course, don't forget about Captain Underpants and the Super Diaper Baby books, they are the best!
Post a Comment