Those of you who know me well, know that I often ask myself very random questions. So, being pregnant and all, I am looking forward to being able to answer one of my life's most perplexing questions:
-Can parents tell if they have an ugly baby?-
I'm making it my goal to answer this question for all of you out there who have wondered the very same thing.
My family always tells me that our baby is going to be as geeky as they come. Tall, gangly, white as the pillsbury doughboy and dorky as all get out.
So, I'm thinking my baby will be a good candidate for this research. Poor little thing....
5 comments:
Ha ha!! THis is hilarious. On the one hand I hope that you don't have an ugly baby, so that I don't have to lie to you when I see her, but on the other hand...now I'm a little curious about your hypothesis.
Hey, it's Holly (Lowell) Wever...Laisa gave me your blog! Come check ours out and congratulations on being pregnant. Having a baby is pretty cool.
1st off your baby is going to be freakishly adorable and cute. So, this test will not work for you. 2nd, yes parent with not so cute babies do still think they are cute. I have quite a bit of wisdom and knowledge on this subject and have learned through life experiences that this is true. I will have to tell you my theory later because it's too long to explain, but I know without doubt that even ugly babies have parents that think they are absolutely adorable and cute.
There's one way you can always tell which you have (regardless of what you think as the parent). You have to listen to what other people say. If you have an average/ugly baby they will say "he/she's so cute!" If he/she is not ugly they'll say "he/she's so beautiful!"
There you go. Now you just have to wait and see (just don't hate me if you get too many "cute" comments).
Post a Comment