Friday, May 9, 2008

My Dad the Paleontologist


Well, for those of you who are not already aware, my dad is a Paleontologist. He has been involved in some pretty exciting research recently. There is an article on the discovery channel website that outlines my dad's recent publication on flesh and bone eating insects that feed on dinosaur bones! Its quite fascinating actually. And although I used to complain incessently about having to spend our family trips out in the hot desert quarries of Utah digging up dinosaur bones, instead of a normal family vacation to Disneyland, I must say, I'm very proud of my geeky dad. You can find the article here: http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2008/05/08/dino-flesh-bug.html

4 comments:

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie said...

That makes my day!! I know someone famous. Sarah shame on you for not wanting to dig up bones for fun. You are more like the nerd!! Your Dad is hands down the luckiest man to be able to dig up old things and keep them!
Aaron

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

woohoo for geeky dads. I think they are the greatest. That's one of the two reasons I married Brody. I wanted my children to have a geeky dad too. The 2nd reason was for his hot bod.

Our Sweet Life said...

It is so fascinating to read about the different things your dad discovers.