Monday, February 18, 2008
The mystery that is Pride and Prejudice...........
So, Jason came home after a night of studying and caught me watching the 6 hour version of Pride and Prejudice. I absolutely love Pride and Prejudice. I have probably seen every version of the movie ever made, and have also read the book. Jason just can't understand why I like it so much. He hasn't seen the movie in its entirety, or read the book, but he has caught bits and pieces of the storyline here and there. I have tried many times to explain to him why Darcy is such a great character and why the story is so unique. But to no avail, it is still a complete mystery to him. He thinks that Pride and Prejudice is a good example of how girls can take something very simple, and make it way too complex.....! How do I explain why this is such a classic love story? If only I could convince him to watch the entire 6 hour movie......then he would understand.............................
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sarah, let me explain. Jason will never fully understand because he hasn't watched the whole movie. Aaron makes fun it too. He thinks all they do is walk around all day and drink tea. The funny thing is Aaron did watch it with me and even though he will never admit it. I think he liked it. It's a favorite of mine.
I love Pride and Prejudice! I wish I had some advice on how to explain it as a classic (the best) love story - maybe someday Jason will understand.
Post a Comment