Friday, June 8, 2012

Pregnancy Story

So, I have in fact had my little baby, but I'm so behind in blogging I figured I would first start with my pregnancy story.  First of all, this pregnancy was night and day easier than my first.  The first trimester went by with no nausea or vomiting, which was miraculous.  It was so nice to be able to just teach my classes and work out like normal.  I felt really great.  I figured because I was feeling so great it had to be a boy, so I wasn't super surprised to hear the results of the ultrasound.  We were so excited to hear we were having a boy, Jason desperately needs another man around the house.  Plus, I was always worried I would be in the same predicament as my parents, and have a bunch of girls in a row, and have to wonder if I would ever get to have a boy.  But from here on out, it won't matter to me.  I got one of each on my first two tries!  It's interesting because with all of Jason's siblings, every single one of them had a girl first, then a boy, then a girl.  SO, we will see if I can keep up the trend.

I felt like my appetite was so much easier to control with this pregnancy too.  With Lynlee, it was all I could do to just survive, so I ate anything and everything I could keep down.  This time, I was able to eat pretty normal both what I was eating and how much.  I taught kickboxing and barbell through my pregnancy up until the last couple weeks.  I took cycling and total conditioning classes bright and early in the mornings with my sister in law too, and I really just felt great up until the last month or so.

I was taking my morning cycle class, when in the middle of the class I felt a sharp pain in the middle of my back, so I left class early and pretty much cried all the way home.  For the next few weeks I was flat on my back, I don't know if I tweaked something in my back, or if it was the position of the baby, or if it was all because of my back surgery....but my OB said it was probably because of the fact that my lower vertebrae are fused, so my low back has no flexibility, which your back needs to have when you are pregnant because your body is changing so much, so the pain in my mid back was probably a result of my lower back not being able to compensate for the inflexibility of my low back.  Whatever it was, it really really hurt.  I started seeing a chiropractor, and tried getting massages, and of course a priesthood blessing.  I was able to be functional again about two weeks after the initial incident.  And thank goodness because I was about ready to give up.  It was a little rough I'm not going to lie, but my family was so helpful and supportive and all my friends brought me meal after meal and watched Lynlee for hours....it was so amazing, and I am so grateful for all the help.  I couldn't ask for a better group of friends to surround myself with.  I felt so humbled by all the service and so grateful to my family for all the prayers said on my behalf.  It was such a testimony builder to me, and even now just thinking about it gets me all choked up.  (either that or the serious hormones I've got raging through my body at this point....)

So, my back started feeling much better, and my dad and my sister Ariel came out to visit me.  They came and did all the housework and yardwork and you name it.  I made my dad a list (the name of the list must not be mentioned), but needless to say it was a list of things I wanted to do before the baby came.  And lo and behold, my dad crossed every single thing off my list and by the time they left, I finally felt ready for the baby.  In fact, so ready that the day after they left, I went in to labor......!

Story and pics to follow.....

1 comment:

Jen Low said...

Congrats!!! I've been checking your blog thinking, "She must have had the baby by now."

Hope you're feeling well, I can't wait to see pics and to hear the name.

It was so great to see you in April, I've been meaning to send you an email, but as we discussed, we sort of suck at keeping in touch haha.

I've been thinking about you off and on as I've been teaching aerobics here and there, you are amazing and next pregnancy I hope to do it how you did it. Minus the back pain at the end.

Love you!