Cooper Lee Nelson was born May 30th, 2012. He weighed 6 lbs 14 oz, and was 20 inches long. Hooray!! He's finally here! He came 5 days early even, which was quite nice of him. He is named after my Grandpa Cooper (we call him Coop!) and Jason's Grandpa Lee. Both of whom we love and admire! The last month of this pregnancy was quite the adventure, between the stomach flu and having to get hooked up to an IV, to terrible back pain that seemed like it would never end......The little man is here and we couldn't be happier!
As far as the labor goes, it took about half the time Lynlee's labor did, and I must say, went pretty smooth. Don't get me wrong, I was still that crazy lady down the hall screaming "I want my epidural!!" But, that only lasted an hour or two.....I started feeling contractions at about 7am that morning (what a weird time to start going into labor right? I thought you usually start contracting in the late hours of the night....) which was quite convenient because I got up, got showered and figured I would time my contractions as I got ready...They were about 5 minutes apart from the start, so there wasn't any question about whether or not it was going to happen that day. I decided to call Jason's office at around 8, to let him know today is the day! It was hilarious because the night before we were sitting on the couch after scriptures and I asked Jason.."What would be the most inconvenient time for me to go in to labor?" We both agreed the most inconvenient time would be that night. But as Jason kissed me goodbye in the morning at around 6:30, I figured we had made it free and clear and I would have another day with no baby arriving. Lo and behold, I sit up in bed at 7, and the first contraction I felt was a pretty strong one and I thought, seriously?? I drove over to Jennette's house to drop off Lynlee and Jennette ended up driving me to the hospital. Jason works about 40 minutes away and I didn't want to have to wait for him to drive all the way home and then all the way to the hospital...which is about a 30 minute drive. So, off Jennette and I went. My contractions were getting pretty close, and I tell you what, the pain was not so fun. I seriously have no idea how anyone can go natural. Honest to goodness, I could never in a million years. If I had been born before the epidural, I would've probably had one baby and never would've tried it again. No way. But that's another conversation. Jennette and I got to the hospital around 9 and Jason came a few minutes later. I had to stay and get monitored for a little while, but my contractions were less than five minutes apart so they took us up to labor and delivery. This is where the screaming began, and I'll spare you the details, but let's just say, it was torture. Not to be dramatic or anything. But I tell you what, once that epidural came I was in heaven. Epidurals have got to be the best invention EVER. I mean it. Above the telephone, computers, internet you name it. Epidurals beat them all. I was grinning from ear to ear as soon as the meds hit. Not a better feeling in the world. I progressed nice and quick, and with no help from any other medicine I was fully progressed by 1 pm. I pushed for about 20 minutes, and there he was! My little Cooper was born at 1:28 pm!!
Lynlee has handled everything really well. She loves holding her little brother. She loves changing his diaper, and giving him kisses. I must say, I was pretty worried about her and what the transition would be like, but it really hasn't phased her yet. She has been a huge help, and is as sweet as ever! Anyway, here are pictures from the big day! Enjoy!














1 comment:
Seriously, who looks like that right after (and during) having a baby?!?! Make-up and all. You are too gorgeous! Love you hon!
Post a Comment