I have fallen very behind on my blogging, but I've got to start somewhere, so I figured I would start with .......a
pumpkin post. First of all, my dad came out a few weeks ago and stayed with us for the weekend, it was great getting to see him. The first thing he wanted to do was buy some pumpkins and decorate them with glitter......that's right, glitter. So, we spent the first few hours together buying pumpkins, spray paint and glitter.
Here is a photo of my dad's decorated pumpkin: (notice the pinky raise)

Here is the pumpkin Jason decorated:

Well, Dad......do you see where I'm going with this?
Your pumpkin: Small, Glittery, "Cute"
Jason's pumpkin: Large, Manly, Scary
I think you get my point here.
Next event, Jason and I hit up the pumpkin festival. It was so much fun. My favorite thing about the festival? Pumpkin Donuts.....yummmmy. They are incredible. Here are some photos of the pumpkins at the pumpkin festival:
6 comments:
wow! I've never seen so many crazy pumpkins. I love that your getting into the Halloween spirit. I've been a little lazy about things. Lincoln doesn't even have a Halloween costume. Normally I'd get all domestic and sew him one, but I'm still not even done sewing his baby quilt and bumper pads for his crib (Which he has sadly now outgrown and will never use).
I think your dad's pumpkin is the result of living with too many girls for too long :). Jason's pumpkin is quite a contrast.
I went to go buy pumpkins yesterday at two different places. When I couldn't find them I asked 2 different workers and they both gave me a response as if pumpkins had never existed and that my request was ridiculous. They were like "pumpkins?! I don't think we've ever had pumpkins!" What an idiot I was asking for a pumpkin during Halloween season.
Sarah, I was sad that the picture of you only showed you from neck up. I was wanting to see you fully "ripe." You look great from what I can see though!
Hey... the only picture of you is hiding your belly... What's up with that?
Aaron and I wondered where the glitter pumpkins came from. Knowing they came from your dad has us surprised especially since he likes to hunt for bones. Now that you're having a girl Jason gets to make some glitter pumpkins now. Hooray for glitter.
I'm impressed with your pumpkin carving skills too. Also jealous that you went to the Pumpkin Show- we didn't make it this year but I love to go!
hey cute pumpkins I bet you carved them with some really cool people. wink wink. I found your blog when I was on Aubrey's. It's really cute!!! I can't believe you only have 17 days left till your baby comes. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Post a Comment