Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Biking and Soccer!

Well, Lynlee can ride a bike! My family came out to visit this past weekend, and it was a great time. My dad had Lynlee riding a bike practically overnight. We had bought her a glider (a tiny bike with no pedals) for Christmas and she rode that for a couple of months, and when my dad came to visit and saw her riding it, decided she was ready for the real thing.


And sure enough, a couple of tries and she was off! It is so cute to see her riding around.
Her first crash. I guess she pointed to her owies and told my dad, "See, I told you!"

My dad found this bike on craig's list for 25$, so we went and picked it up, and the next day she was riding it all over.


Then, there's the story of the not so successful attempts at soccer. Let me just say, it is pretty hilarious. She does not play. She stands around and twirls and comes over for a "drink" about every two minutes, followed by a few minutes of crying. Bless her little heart.


And yes, that is a black eye. I gave it to her after she wouldn't get back on the field to play soccer. Ok, no. Actually she hit her eye on the bathroom counter. But what kind of story is that.



This is a typical sight when Lynlee is on the field. Yes, there is a game going on...notice, the other kids are nowhere in sight. She keeps her distance. Every once in a while, the pack of kids will come whizzing by, and she will cover her head, whince and walk the other direction.


But, she sure is cute.


Don't be fooled. This was before the game. The only time she makes contact with the ball is if there are no other kids around. She always cries during the game because none of the other kids are sharing the ball. Oh dear.


Yes, her soccer jersey has her name embroidered on it with jewels. My friend who was in charge of the embroidery is also Lynlee's dance teacher and knew Lynlee would love the jewels. When Jason saw it, he said, "Seriously?"


All in all, it was a fantastic weekend. I always go through withdrawals when family leaves.....

4 comments:

Scottie and Tasha said...

Lynlee's jersey is fabulous! I love it. I can't believe she's riding a bike without training wheels- that is so cool! Way to go Lynlee... maybe she can teach Brookelle :)

Jen Low said...

Let's hope Lynlee doesn't take after your bike riding skills. Remember your brutal crash on the way to (or home from?) campus. Haha you walked into the apartment bloody with ripped jeans, as I'm typing this it's making me sound really mean that I laughed... You were okay though right?? haha oh man, laughing hard. By the way, do you want to see what you would look like totally ripped? Go to flavaliciousfitness.com

PS - Lynlee puts Charlotte to shame, I'm pretty sure Charlotte will be like 7 years old before she's riding a bike. Bless her cautious little heart

Celeste said...

Wow! Love it! Wish we could be there... Miss you!

Taralee said...

a "glider" eh? We call it a balance bike. We had one for lincoln this summer too...well it wasn't a real one because they are no where to be found up here in Newfoundland, so we took the pedals off a regular bike. But it's so amazing how quick they learn to ride using those!

I can't believe how nice you're weather is! green grass, Wow! I need to get out more. (out of canada that is).